The Law Office of Conrad C. Lysiak, P.S. is dedicated to helping the small business enter the competitive market place with new and innovative products and services.
I understand small companies have difficulty raising capital. I also understand the importance of an investor’s need for liquidity for their investment. For your company’s securities to be liquid, the securities must have a market where they can be bought and sold. To do that your small business has to enter a public arena and capture capital from investors. I respect and appreciate the demands of your business and of the real world.
I believe in today’s market economic climate, small businesses are faced with extreme challenges to raise capital. I believe my firm will bring to you and your company the ability to meet to tight deadlines address strategic challenges and control legal cost.
During my years of practice, I have filed and had declared effective hundreds of registration statements which offer securities for sale to the public. This is the focus of my practice representing public companies and small private companies which intend to go public.
I am located in the State of Washington. I represent and have represented public and private companies, broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, registered representatives, transfer agents, accountants and accounting firms, and private investors from around the world with emphasis on securities and finance law. I have also been a compliance officer of a SEC, NASD (now, FINRA) registered broker-dealer, and was a compliance officer of a national stock exchange.
I am a OTCQX Advisor for OTCQX U.S. and a Principal American Liaison (PAL) for OTCQX International with the OTC Markets. The OTCQX rules require OTCQX issuers to retain an OTCQX Advisor or PAL at all times to assist management and directors in meeting the OTCQX standards on an ongoing basis.
I am AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® as a top securities lawyer.
Why the Law Office of Conrad C. Lysiak, P.S.
Most of my clients come to me through referrals from existing clients. It is a great honor to build a law practice in this manner. I am an experienced securities attorney, offering flexible fee arrangements, offering full filing services – delivering quality service. The reality is I have hired lawyers myself and I know how difficult it is. I offer these considerations:
- Effective Representation: I focus on securities law, and related matters. My continuing legal education is related to only these matters, and my library is well stocked with securities books. I am constantly in pursuant of knowledge therefore; I am current with the rapidly changing laws and regulations in the securities world. You ask who will this help. If you are a small business owner with a dream, I believe I can educate you and help your business grow. If you are selling your company, how can I help you? I will ensure you meet the laws and regulations which govern the sale of your company. I will present practical advice to you so you will understand each step along the way.
- Experience: My focus is on securities laws. I have practiced securities law for 40 years. This experience brings in-depth knowledge and practical business experience to allow your project to flow with efficiency.
- Filing Desk: I practice quick, effective work flow. Further, I have built into my office a complete financial filing service – EDGAR, COBRA, FINRA, OTC Markets, SEDAR, SEDI and XBRL.
- Flexible Fee Arrangements: I like to work my client’s fee structures in two ways. First, the turnkey – the project and price are agreed upon. Second, an hourly rate – the project is charge on an hourly fee. I am happy working with my clients to offer a range of flexible billing arrangements and payment options.
- Reputation: Because my practice of law is focused, I have built strong working relationships with agencies such as the SEC, FINRA, PCAOB, and the OTC Markets to enable interaction with them and resolve matters quickly and effectively.
Easing the Burden of Regulatory Compliance
The laws governing compliance with securities rules and regulations can be complex and the ramifications of not complying with the rules and regulations may jeopardize the reputation and viability of your business. I want you to generate revenue, operate your business in a successful manner, and hire and retain successful employees. While you are operating your business, my goal is to take the burden of compliance and regulation off your shoulders by working with you, your staff and your accounting team, so you can focus on your business.
My firm interacts with federal, state and other regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. I am also an experienced litigator and will represent your interests in court.
My expertise encompasses registration statements, including Forms S-1, S-3, S-8, F-1, and 20-F, and equity financing transactions, private placements, reverse mergers, forward mergers, asset acquisitions, joint ventures, crowdfunding, and compliance with the reporting requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, the proxy requirements of Section 14, Section 16 filings, Schedules 13-D and 13-G, and Sarbanes-Oxley mandated policies.
I have represented numerous target or acquiring companies in reverse mergers or forward mergers, including preparation of asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, reorganization agreements, share exchange agreements, and stock purchase agreements. I prepare the necessary documentation and assist in completing the requirements of federal and state securities laws and self-regulatory organizations, for corporate changes, name changes, reverse and forward splits and changes of domicile.